Fire Warden / Fire Officer
Who should attend?
Anyone who has been nominated as a Fire Warden within their workplace.
Course Duration: 1 Day
- On completion of this programme participants will be able to:
- List their duties as fire wardens
- Identify fire hazards in the workplace
- Use portable fire extinguishers effectively
- Manage and control evacuations
- Describe the chemistry of fire
- Monitor fire controls
- Assist in the management of evacuation procedures/drills
- Theory of fire and fire extinction
- Chemistry of fire
- Practical demonstrations of fire hazards
- Spread of fire
- Smoke behaviour
- Classification of fires
- Basic fire prevention
- Evacuation procedures
- How to make evacuation realistic
English is the language in which training is delivered and participants must have a good command of the English language. If participants wish to bring an interpreter they may do so but prior notice must be given to us.
Pre-Course Requirements for In Company Training:
- A practical demonstration of fire extinguishers can be incorporated into this course by prior arrangement with HealthCare Ireland.
- Fire extinguishers can either be supplied by you or hired through HealthCare Ireland at an extra fee of €198.
- Please note that the use of fire extinguishers during this training requires a wide-open space where a practical demonstration can take place safely.
Assessment/Certification: HealthCare Ireland certificate of Attendance