Childcare / Paediatric First Aid
HealthCare Ireland will bring you a practical up-to-date Paediatric first aid training course for parents and carers of babies and young children. Our Training team are Paramedics, EMTs and Paediatric nurses who are certified by both PHECC (The Pre Hospital Emergency Care Council) and the Irish Heart Foundation.
A practical up-to-date Paediatric first aid training course to provide training for parents, carers and all who have an interest in child welfare.
Training Objectives:On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Describe and demonstrate Paediatric First Aid skills
- Understand and demonstrate essential life saving skills
- Identify and administer First Aid to Medical and Trauma emergencies
- Course Overview
- Responsibilities of a First Aider
- Accident scene management - Common home accidents / incidents, assessing the seriousness and the action required.
- Self Protection/ Infection/ Vaccinations
- Scene Assessment and Safety
- Patient Assessment
- CPR for adults, children and infants
- AED for adults and children
- Child and Infant Choking including Airway management
- Fractures and soft tissue injuries
- Control of Bleeding and the application of dressings.
- Head Injuries and Eye Injuries
- Dealing with unconscious Children and Infants
- Febrile Seizures, Epilepsy, Diabetes and Asthma
- Allergic Reactions including Anaphylaxis and EpiPen
- Temperature management
- Medical Ilness including :Meningitis, Febrile Convulsions
- Common Childhood Conditions:Measles, Mumps and Chickenpox
- Croop, Stridor, Sickle cell and Slapped Cheek virus
- Chemical Burns and Poisoning
- Electrical shock & Home safety
- Treatment of Burns and scalds
Course Duration: 1 Day
Certification: All participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
Refresher course is recommended every 2 years